Saturday 11 July 2015

her forever exhaustion written clearly on her once flawless face.

Back When She Was Beautiful: Part One

She was beautiful once. It was a long time ago. Before she sold her soul to the monster. The devil. It was back when her eyes sparkled with life and love. Before the light burnt out and the life was stolen from her. Stolen and given away to the pills. To the needle. To the tin foil and the pipes. To the street. She once strove for thinness, cursed with curves. But now she's too skinny. All ribs, gaunt, hollow face. Her porcelain skin once glowing, now pale and marked. The scars she sliced into her arm now match the scars on her heart and soul. Cuts that sliced deeply inside and out. The needle she's become a slave to punctures her skin, piercing her veins, leaving track marks down her neck. Down her mind. A complexion once clear is marked with blemishes, imperfections. Dark circles rim her dead eyes. Her forever exhaustion written clearly on her once flawless face. She thought dope would make her more stunning, perfect. She was wrong when she thought it would give her everything, back when she was beautiful.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful :) You're very talented!

    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to every word
    Down to the track marks on your neck
    All the veins in my arms collapsed
    So I had to go in my neck
    That right there was the beginning of my rock bottom
    You are doing so well hun
    You are an inspiration x

    hun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, as soon as I was letting people stick needles in my neck, it was the start of my bottom. Surprisingly I sank even lower, but it was a low, low moment for me.

      Thanks so much though!!

      Delete

your feedback is much appreciated!