Sunday 26 July 2015

my insides are screaming at me to just get high.

So good news! I'm feeling much better. 

The other day sort of got way out of hand when I had to speak to my brother about his drinking and talking to me while drunk. He's down visiting from out of town but has come home wasted almost every night this week.  It's just so frustrating and triggering when he talks to me like that. And for some reason the conversation always comes back to my recovery. So I'm talking to a person who's just waxed about not being waxed...it's awkward. Especially because my insides are screaming at me to just go get high so I can be in the same state. It sucks. So when I asked him not to, things got out of control and we fought. So I was in a bad mood and then sort of got into it with the guy who runs the site I've been writing for. It was mostly my fault and I escalated it pretty quick because of the two things happening around the exact same time. I feel bad about it, but everything is back to normal so that's good.

Anyways, not only do I get to write for Substance for You, I've also been asked to write for Sisters of Serenity and Sobriety, which is another huge website. It feels really good that my writing is being so well perceived. I feel really proud.

I've been missing you all, being so busy with everything I've sort of been neglecting my own blog, so my goal is to catch up with all three.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Much love, xx.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't struggled with addiction but I've worked with addicts, dated an addict, and then a week and a half ago picked a friend up that walked a mile away from rehab to keep her off the street. I wouldn't let her drink more and she ended up getting mad and walking out. It's tough. You did good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting another writing job! I'm sorry things have been tough with your brother, hope it doesn't get you down too much. Stay strong, you can get there <3

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is much appreciated!