Monday 1 June 2015

living is easy with closed eyes.

And then she recovered.......: So you think you want an eating disorder?



So I've fallen in love with this blog since it was recommended to me in treatment. I think the author is beautifully honest, inside and out.



I especially love this post because so many ignorant people or people who want to diet think it's funny to jokingly want an eating disorder. Sorry, but it's not a fucking joke. It's serious. It's painful.  It's deadly.



Sometimes when people say something as outrageous as that I just laugh at their stupidity and ignorance on the subject of eating disorders. But most days I want to scream in their faces and curse them out until they wished they hadn't said a fucking word about it. But I hold myself back, because I know that it isn't the way to get my point across. It isn't the way to educate.



So that's why I think this post is so vital, so important and so starkly and stunningly written. It tells every bit of truth about the horrors we face with eating disorders.



Check it out. Pass it on. It's a must read.

2 comments:

  1. Ruby really is amazing, and she has such a way with words. Both her blog and her friendship have helped me so much over the years.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is! I just started following her blog a week ago, but I can already tell how genuine, honest, caring, strong and amazing she is. It's a huge inspiration and help to me, even after only a few days. Hope you have a great day!

      Much love, xx.

      Delete

your feedback is much appreciated!