Thursday 25 June 2015

the road to success comes from hard work, determination and sacrifice.

I'm SO excited today! I don't think I've felt this good in a long, long time. I feel almost manic. If I didn't have good, exciting news, I'd be a bit worried about myself. Especially since I was put on a new mood stabilizer called Abilify.

Anyway, I had the meeting with the detox program coordinator today. And everything went very well! In fact, I start hosting the Women For Sobriety meetings there tomorrow! I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure that he would have to think everything over and then get back to me. So the fact that he said 'can we start this week?' was just a lovely shock.

I'm so thrilled about it and have been getting myself ready for tomorrow. I want to host the meeting as best as I can because I know that the other women in WFS are counting on me to spread the message in a professional, proficient manner. Plus, I feel that if I screw up, it could cost someone their sobriety. I need to really make sure I do well, but also not to get too much involved with each person. I know that the statistics for recovery are grim, so I can't expect that they will all get and stay sober. But I'm definitely going to keep my optimistic attitude and hope. I know that all it takes is someone to believe in you to make you believe in yourself. And then from there, recovery can seem like a possibility. I've taken this job on to help other women in need. So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I just feel so great about it. I'm just so proud of myself. I can't believe it.
Wish me luck!

Much love, xx.

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck sweetheart
    I have no doubt that you will be an amazing job
    You have a powerful message to share
    And your story will help others I'm sure
    Just be your lovely, kind self
    And it will all be great
    I would say one thing
    Sonething they say in AA
    Carry the message, not the addict
    But I'm sure you know that
    Best of luck!!!
    Can't wait to hear how it went x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      It got moved to Tuesday, but I will post on it as soon as I get finished there!
      I like that saying though, I actually hadn't heard it before, so thank-you for that. It makes a lot of sense.

      Delete
  2. Good luck!! You can do it and I know you'll be amazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! That's awesome! I'm sure you'll do amazingly.
    You're right, you need to be careful not to get too involved. Have you looked into any resources for, what do they call it, 'professional self-care' or something like that?

    Good luck <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!
      That's actually a really great idea. I hadn't thought to look into anything like that. I know psychologists do that, but I didn't think about it in terms of what I'd be doing. Thanks for that, I'm going to look into it.

      Much love, xx.

      Delete

your feedback is much appreciated!