Tuesday 2 June 2015

a garden of weeds cannot produce a beautiful flower.

I figured since my last post was about Women For Sobriety, I thought I should include a link to their website for those of you who may be interesting in trying them out.
http://womenforsobriety.org/beta2/new-life-program/ 

Also, on there is the list of the 13 Statements of Acceptance (listen below). These would be comparable to the 12 steps in NA/AA. However, WFS's statements of Acceptance are much more positive based and can be used as affirmations. In fact, it is recommend that you wake 15 minutes earlier each day to go over the 13 statements and choose one to use throughout the day. So you can try to apply your daily life to a certain statement to change your routines to a more positive, new lifestyle (e.g., "Happiness is created, not waited for" can be used during the day by taking a new scenic route to work too savour the beauty and brighten your moo or to find the good within the bad, or to be mindful of the present to find happiness within your life). You can also apply it as an affirmation. SO with every negative thought, you counter it with a positive one (e.g., "I am a useless fat pig" can be countered with, "I am a competent woman and have much to give life.").

Don't forget, the whole idea behind this type of meeting is that "image precedes our actions," so if your thoughts (image) are negative, your life, behaviors, and emotions (actions) will be negative. The same goes for the postive. At each meeting, each person shares, starting with "I am So&So and I am a competent woman" and then tells the group about her week. After that, she will pick one of the 13 statements that applies to her week. The idea is that the group will help you see at least one positive within your week and be there to support the not so positive parts. Eventually, you don't need their help, and you can see all the positive for yourself. Your thoughts, feelings, attitudes, and behaviors are changing and are much more positive. You learn to accept and love yourself for the capable, competent, caring and compassionate (WFS's 4C's) woman that you are.

Lastly,  there is a great online chat forum. You can find lots of info, support, and online chat meetings. It's great to supplement with or if you don't have a meeting in your area. There are also free reading and resources on the website. Enjoy!




WFS “New Life” Acceptance Program

  1. I have a life-threatening problem that once had me.
    I now take charge of my life and my disease. I accept the responsibility.
  2. Negative thoughts destroy only myself.
    My first conscious sober act must be to remove negativity from my life.
  3. Happiness is a habit I will develop.
    Happiness is created, not waited for.
  4. Problems bother me only to the degree I permit them to.
    I now better understand my problems and do not permit problems to overwhelm me.
  5. I am what I think.
    I am a capable, competent, caring, compassionate woman.
  6. Life can be ordinary or it can be great.
    Greatness is mine by a conscious effort.
  7. Love can change the course of my world.
    Caring becomes all important.
  8. The fundamental object of life is emotional and spiritual growth.
    Daily I put my life into a proper order, knowing which are the priorities.
  9. The past is gone forever.
    No longer will I be victimized by the past. I am a new person.
  10. All love given returns.
    I will learn to know that others love me.
  11. Enthusiasm is my daily exercise.
    I treasure all moments of my new life.
  12. I am a competent woman and have much to give life.
    This is what I am and I shall know it always.
  13. I am responsible for myself and for my actions.
    I am in charge of my mind, my thoughts, and my life.
To make the Program effective for you, arise each morning fifteen minutes earlier than usual and go over the Thirteen Affirmations. Then begin to think about each one by itself. Take one Statement and use it consciously all day. At the end of the day review the use of it and what effects it had that day for you and your actions.

7 comments:

  1. This is amazing, you are doing a really good job. I just started reading your blog and the switch to all this goodness is so inspiring,
    Take care my dear <3

    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I appreciate you reading it. I'm glad I can be inspiring. I've been working on it, so thanks for noticing. I hope you're week is going well. :)

      Much love, xx.

      Delete
    2. Hi sweetie ^^ I saw last night some comments from you on my email (I get notified when someone writes on my blog) but this morning I couldn't find any comments, on my blog, or in my email, I'm wondering if I just dreamed it or if the internet ate it XD On one of them you said something about knowing sign language?
      Take care my dear I hope you are having a great day ^^ xx

      Delete
    3. if you did comment, just let me know which posts it was on so I can reply if the comment is still there ^^

      Delete
    4. Oh that's odd! I just checked and it's still there. It was in the 2015 section! http://devoidde.blogspot.ca/p/2015.html

      Delete
  2. I am intrigued about the WFS that you write about
    I can do relate to how you feel about AA
    It is male dominated
    And very religious based
    Is WFS a new thing?
    I think it really sounds great
    And I love the 13 statments
    I have loads of questions actually
    Do you know if they have it in Ireland?

    Also I was wondering who recommended by blog to you?
    Was it your treatment centre?
    It blows my mind how people come across my blog

    Also wanted to thank you for your comments on my blog
    They make my day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too new, I just think many people don't know about it. Which is why I've been trying to get into my local detox to start raising awareness so women have another option. I think it was started in the USA in the 70's? I'm not too sure if they'd have local meetings in Ireland, but there is a section on their website where you can find meetings in your area. If not, you could always start one or go on the chat forum to do the online chat meetings? I just adore it.

      www.womenforsobriety.org

      Your blog was recommended at the place I'm getting treatment with. The intake worker gave us some info on how to cope with triggering things on social media. There was a list of a few blogs, your included, that were "ED Safe." I was drawn to yours because of the addiction component too.

      Anyways, you'e welcome! Your blog makes my day, so thank YOU :)

      Delete

your feedback is much appreciated!